Number of Pages:
Lifeway Church ResourcesAge Range:
About the Book
Walk through the process of becoming an effective student minister and building a sustainable ministry.
Book Synopsis IN IT FOR THE LONG HAUL...
Student ministry is one of the most challenging, frustrating, hilarious, wonderful, confusing, and beautiful places to serve in the church. Agreeing to jump in and minister to people at this vital time in their lives is both rewarding and scary. Jeff Borton has been serving in student ministry for 20 years, and in this book he will walk you through the process of becoming an effective student minister and building a sustainable ministry. Whether you're just getting started or have been discipling students for years, Jeff's insights and experience will guide you as you live the amazing thrill that is student ministry! Features
- Biblically rooted and gospel-centered
- Practical advice from long-time student ministry veterans
- How to's and templates for effective ministry processes
- Analysis questions at the end of each chapter
- Encouraging message for student pastors in all walks of ministry and life
- Scriptural truth to inform the foundations of student ministry
- Easily applicable systems to develop and monitor ministry health
About the Author Jeff Borton
has been in student ministry for over 20 years. He has served in both small and large church contexts and desires to see them all thrive. Jeff enjoys teaching, consulting, and seeing student ministry leaders develop. He's passionate about discipleship, missions, and seeing students be transformed by the gospel.
Jeff is also the co-author of the book Simple Student Ministry.
Jeff is married to Jen, and they have three boys. They live outside of Nashville, Tennessee, and love the farm life. Together they enjoy football, hunting, fishing, and diving.