Suggested Age: 12 Years and Up
CPSC Choking Hazard Warnings: Choking_hazard_small_parts
Battery: No Battery Used
• DINO-MITE REPLICAS: Master Replicas Groups presents prehistoric fossil replicas, realistic sculptures created by MRG paleo artists, using artistic interpretation based on current scientific data.
• DISPLAY READY: Megalodon Tooth comes with a Riker-Style box. Boxes are made of compressed hardboard with a textured surface coating, which include a clear glass window for showing off your fossil as well as a label to identify it.
• MADE IN THE USA: Made by artisans in the U.S.A. Cast in super-durable resin, NOT polystone.
• DIMENSIONS: Tooth measures 5.5 x 4 X 1 inches.
• GREAT GIFT IDEA: Purchase this replica for yourself or gift it to the prehistoric lover in your life!
Reaching lengths of up to 60-70 feet and an estimated maximum weight of over 60 tons, the Megalodon is the largest known predator in Earth’s history. The modern Sperm Whale is longer, but is probably not as heavy as the Megalodon. To compare this size, the largest, contemporary Great White sharks max out around 23 feet and 3 ½ tons. This makes the Megalodon nearly 3 times as long, and 20 times and heavy as the Great White Shark. While most adult Megalodon teeth fell into the 4-5” size range, a few massive, fossil teeth have been found in excess of 7” The largest verifiable Megalodon tooth is a 7.48” tooth found near Ocucaje, Peru. The name Megalodon comes from the phrase "Big Tooth".