From The Sak, the Alta Leather Bucket Bag features:
- Magnetic snap closure
- Repreve Lining
- Interior: back wall zipper pocket and 2 front wall multi-functional pockets
- Exterior: back zipper pocket
- Features hand-crafted leather tassel dangle
- Adjustable crossbody strap
- Approx. 5.5#double; D x 10.5#double; W x 8.5#double; H; 22.5#double; main strap drop
- Clean with a water-based leather cleaner and moisturizer
- Use a protective spray to protect the leather surface
The Sak was born in 1989 when childhood friends Mark Talucci and Todd Elliott left their mundane corporate jobs to follow their dream of discovering new treasures and travelling the world.
During a trip to Bali, Indonesia, they decided to start a business importing their “found treasures” from overseas to their hometown of San Francisco. Later that year, a simple natural rattan and leather bag fashioned out of an everyday Balinese sleeping mat was brought back from a trip and sparked the idea to focus on environmentally friendly produced bags.
In 1994, the imported rattan bags were blowing off shelves at major retailers, leading Mark and Todd to go a step further. The idea for The Sak brand stemmed from consciously crafted, casual and relaxed bags with timeless appeal. Staying true to texture, they created a singular bag from a unique Tightweave™ fabrication using hand-crocheted string; company’s first of many vegan bags. Starting a crochet “craze”, The Sak bag Style 120 with its ergonomic shape and roomy interior was an overnight hit. It soon became one the most iconic bags of the 90s.
Several years later, The Sak expanded their offering and introduced high-quality leather bags and accessories with their signature handcrafted details that reflect its love of craftsmanship, artistry and global influences.