Contains: Does Not Contain Any of the 8 Major Allergens
State of Readiness: Prepared, Heat and Serve
Package Quantity: 1
Package type: Individual Item Multi-Serving
Net weight: 13 Ounces
• Whole grain buckwheat
• Low sodium and fat
• No cholesterol
• Gluten free
• Contains no additives, fortifiers, or preservatives
Wolff's kasha is a pleasant mealtime alternative to rice or potatoes. Wolff 's kasha is extremely versatile and can be served as an entree, side dish, stuffing, in soups and salads, appetizers, desserts and as a delicious breakfast cereal.
2 cups broth, bouillon, consomme or water. 2 tablespoons butter or margarine(low fat version: substitute 1 egg white for whole egg; eliminate butter or margarine). 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt(less salt may be required if using broth). 1/8 teaspoon pepper. 1 cup kasha. 1 egg (or egg white) (low fat version: substitute 1 egg white for whole egg; eliminate butter or margarine).
1. Heat liquid, butter and seasoning to boiling.
2. Lightly beat egg in bowl with fork. Add kasha; stir to coat kernels.
3. In separate medium-size skillet or saucepan, add egg-coated kasha. Cook over high heat 2 to 3 min., stirring constantly until egg has dried on kasha and kernels are separate. Reduce heat to low.
4. Quickly stir in boiling liquid. Cover tightly; simmer 7 to 10 min. Until kasha kernels are tender and liquid is absorbed. Makes about 4 cups.
1. heat liquid to boiling.
2. Beat egg lightly with fork in 2 qt. Microwave-safe casserole. Add kasha; stir to coat kernels.
3. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 min. Stir frequently to separate kernels. Carefully stir in liquid and remaining ingredients. Microwave, covered, on high 5 to 7 min. Until kernels are tender and liquid is absorbed.